Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Biopsy

My annual dermatologist appointment was yesterday, which went well and involved the routine questions (sometimes it feels like I'm explaining it all over again) - Has there been any improvement? Is it worse now during the Summer? Are the Winters better? Are you applying your medication?, and so on. 

The word "biopsy" came out. I was hesitant about it at first (my brother had this procedure done when we were kids and doctors couldn't find any good diagnosis for his condition), but I went ahead and agreed to do the procedure. It turns out there are different types of photodermatitis and knowing the exact type we are dealing with, will help decide on the best treatment from now on. I guess there's still much more to learn about my condition! It will take a couple of weeks for the results to come back and the stitches will come out in ten days. I can't wait to hear the diagnosis and as strange as it might sound, I kind of feel excited.

A shot of my very first and kind-of-exciting biopsy.











+ Biopsy: An examination of tissue removed from a living body to discover the presence, cause, or extent of a disease.



No comments:

Post a Comment